I started this blog to document a journey.
Here a few things I have noticed since beginning to de-clutter and subscribe to a simpler life:
– I have more energy; which means my house gets cleaned more often, new or fun activities are no longer put off for fear of mess or time, I am able to be more present with my children, I can give more energy to my business, I can do more then just the bare minimum in a day, We have way more family time, I even sometimes have the energy to get outside and walk – which with a chronic illness that has robbed me of so much the past 2 years, is incredibly freeing.
– My home feels like a place of peace and rest instead of a jail
– I feel less guilty about what I can’t provide…and prouder of what I can
– I fight with my husband less (not don’t we are still married – but less.) and we can spend evenings together instead of spending them putting stuff away.
– My kids rooms don’t feel overwhelming
– its easier to see what we do need and what we really don’t.
– my daughter takes naps once in a while again (since there are no more toys to play with)
– my room feels like an escape (even with its not finished state)
– The TV is no longer the focal point of our living room (we downsized to a smaller screen!), which has cut down on the kids asking to watch it a LOT! Which in turn means everyone is in a better mood when the kids are not TV zomgrumpies.
– We can find things!
– We don’t need a second vehicle just to go away for a weekend (ok so that might be an exaggeration, but we went from everyone having their own suitcase for a 3 day trip to mom and both kids being able to share a carry on our last weekend trip! That said we did have to do laundry while away…. maybe 2 suitcases will be the happy medium!)
– My kids fight less, and play together more.
– My kids are more creative in their play – even the one with processing challenges that never showed any sign of imagination and very little ability to play independently until this past December now pretends all the time!
If this list doesn’t make you want to go purge another room….there is something wrong with you. I’m joking of course but in all seriousness, I started on this journey to try and reduce stress – and am amazed at all these amazing benefits that have been added to our life along the way!